pamelabrkly

Thursday, September 22, 2005

This isn't something that you should be reading. I mean it.

This little blog was never intended for my use, and my posting here is an accident. I blame this free blogging service. Forcing me to create a blog so that I have an identity when I post to other blogs is a cruel game that I can't win. I've spent the past month avoiding this dangerous little place, but alas, boredom has worn down my resistance.

Berkeley professor Bruce Cain tells each of his students that the most engaging years of our lives will be the few that we spent at Cal. My first nine to five summer makes me worry that he may be right. I miss the thoughtful conversation that makes college so great. I miss being asked to form an opinion about something bigger than me. I think I may even miss writing papers.

What you'll get here are opinions that I ought to keep to myself. This isn't a political blog or a feminist blog or a blog about anything specific. This is my attempt to keep talking, er, writing about anything that I find important or interesting. If you know me, you know you may find some weird stuff here. Or you may not find anything. I may never post again, and I promise that I will never check my spelling.

Don't read if you don't know me, because you may not like what I have to say. Or you may love it. I could be brilliant, and if you fail to check in every day, you may miss something that will change your world. Seriously folks, I don't expect readers, but the potential that someone may view this proves that I am not talking to myself. Comment if you feel like it, or comment because it will make my day. Comment because I miss you and it's been too long. Just comment, and always remember to be nice.

You know that saying. You know, the one I just invented.
You give a careful woman a blog, and she's going to have the sense to stay away from it.

1 Comments:

  • At 2:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    How well I remember the feeling once I left university! Really missed the uniqueness of my major field - not the same one as yours but even now as I write this, there are times I miss working on projects that only happen in a very closed community such as academia. If I presented some of the works that interest me, my friends would look at me and say, "I don't get it."
    A Friend

     

Post a Comment

<< Home