pamelabrkly

Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Here I am...

In Sacramento. I'm busy learning (again) about how a bill becomes a law and finding a new grocery store. I lost my cell phone charger in the move, and my laptop is at the shop all week, so all of the people in my social world are new. I guess it's like going away to college, as a grown-up, in a blazer and heels.

I know that news is still coming from the rest of the world, but I'm missing it. Well I'm not really missing it, I'm just too obsessed with my own adjustment to have any thoughts about anything else. Oh, and I'm too exhausted to say anything about all of the other stuff that's really more important than me. Rosa Parks died today, Dick Cheney was implicated in the leak of a CIA agent's identity, and polls show that Hillary might have a shot at the Presidency. My response? Here I am in Sacramento. Oh, and the walls and ceilings of the Senate and Assembly floors look like frosting on a wedding cake.

3 Comments:

  • At 5:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Pamela, Hi. Yes, the Green and Red Chambers are deco! Have fun with your new job and City. Love, Dad

     
  • At 4:57 PM, Blogger Devin said…

    You're pretty ...

     
  • At 2:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I was so proud when you announced your arrival in Sacramento. I told everyone about your new assignment. While some of my friends "claim" involvement in politics; I got the feeling that just my sharing news about you threatened their "claim to being involved."
    A Friend

     

Post a Comment

<< Home