pamelabrkly

Monday, December 05, 2005

2 pi r...

I'm taking the GRE in 14 days. Which means I have exactly 14 days to memorize everything that I need to measure odd shapes and make pointless comparisons. The GRE quantitative section is really just a measure of how well I can eyeball a question and utilize some quickly memorized trick to find an answer so no calculators are allowed. That's fine with me, but it seems like a pretty pointless measure of who will do well in graduate school.

Pointless or not, the GRE is the measure that gets used. I hope I can pull this off.

And 2 pi r is the circumference of a circle. Don't pretend you remembered that. I refuse to believe that anyone would.

6 Comments:

  • At 6:47 PM, Blogger Devin said…

    I remembered that ... I even remember that pi r squared is the area ....

    I'm quite bright.

     
  • At 10:16 PM, Blogger pamela b said…

    You are right. What I meant to say is that 2 pi r is the circumference of a circle. See how unprepared I am for this test?

    And you are bright, so the question is, why am I the one taking the GRE and why aren't you?

     
  • At 11:33 PM, Blogger Devin said…

    I dunno ... maybe I will ...

     
  • At 4:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey Pam,
    Why are you being tested on math for your acceptance to grad school? I'm confused. And also, what are you considered right now while you are attending Sac State? A grad student? Where do you think you are going to go to grad school? How about UC Davis? It's the closest university to Sacramento and it's a really good school too! :) ....Plus I go there! Sorry I'm asking so many questions. But seriously, don't move away, because you convinced me to come here and if you move away from Sacramento/Bay Area I will be really bummed, even though I haven't hung out with you much yet. So anyways, I better get my ass to bed soon. But first I have to send two more school-related e-mails.
    Kimberly

     
  • At 12:45 AM, Blogger pamela b said…

    Hey Kim
    I'm officially a grad student at Sac State, but since the Fellowship is a special program and we don't have to take the GRE to be accepted. I can't go to Davis because they don't have the program that I'm looking for. But don't worry, I'm staying in Sacramento. I'm only applying to one program and it's at the USC Sacramento campus.

    When are we gonna hang out? You should like call your sister dude.

     
  • At 3:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Can't remember if you ended up taking the test or not since I am responding so much later. What a goof ball I am. I no longer remember the entrance exams but my exit exams were exhausting to say the least.
    A Friend

     

Post a Comment

<< Home