pamelabrkly

Sunday, March 12, 2006

Busy Month
Where have I been over the past month? Chico, Oakland, Philadelphia, San Jose, San Francisco, and I've been to most of these places several times. I think it would be easier to list where I haven't been.

I'm running for CYD president, and between now and April 28th, if I'm not at work, I'm on the road or on the phone. I'm meeting so many amazing and inspiring young people, but it's hard because my opponent has already started engaging in really negative campaigning. I've already been threatened that if I keep this up, I'll never be able to find a job in the building again. Such horrible, threatening, negative behavior is exactly what CYD doesn't need, and I'm running to bring inclusiveness and professionalism to the organization. There are a lot of great people behind me, and I'm totally fired up.

My job continues to be amazing, and it's turning into a place of respite because I get to focus on something other than my campaign. The fact that I mentioned the campaign first makes it look like the only thing on my mind, but my job is my top priority and I actually have no problem balancing both efforts. Leg. staffers must not use state resources for anything related to YD or other campaign efforts, so it's really easy for me to focus on working while I'm at work. Speaking of campaign efforts, my boss just picked up a crucial endorsement this week, so (fingers crossed) she is in a great place to win her primary!!

A new opportunity has opened up for me at work. A member of my boss's staff just moved on to a great new job, and she carried most of the Senator's health legislation. I've really developed an interest in health and family issues since I've been in the capitol, and my leg. director and COS let me take 2 of her health bills. So I'm now carrying health bills for the Senator! The best part is that one deals with the insurance industry and one deals with Medi-Cal, so I get experience in working with both.

That's all that I have time to write, as I have a campaign to get back to.

Goodnight.

1 Comments:

  • At 6:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Pam! I am so happy for you. Still I worry. I enjoy hearing what you are doing up at the capital. I think about all the many details you are continually learning everyday. It bogs my mind.
    About the other thing, that makes me very angry. There is no place for threats and hopefully the higher ups will get wind of the underhandedness and take action.
    Hang in there.
    A friend.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home