pamelabrkly

Sunday, July 09, 2006

Birth control--not just for humans.

I've noticed that not very many pets are spayed or neutered in Sacramento, which I hate. On the whole, I would guess that people in Sacramento have fewer resources, both in terms of education and actual wealth, than people in the coastal urban regions of California, so I'm not suprised that people in Sac spend less money caring for their pets. I'm annoyed because I think it's not just that people can't afford to spay or neuter--I also think there's different attitude in Sac about spaying and neutering. I get the feeling more people think they have the right to own a pet who sows it seed all over the neighborhood, even if it means they're contributing to an abundance of unwanted and neglected animals that will ultimately be killed because nobody wants them. I can't stand this attitude. No one accidentally gets a pet, so there's really no excuse for being an irresponsible pet owner. Spay and neuter your pets!!!

2 Comments:

  • At 8:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Growing up in the rural area (or as some people would say, the "country", stray animals were always at the mercy of being put out of their misery by the farmers. Living on a farm meant people did not have the extra money to feed unwelcome stray animals or the wild animals that attempted to gain access to the feed put out for the domestic animals. ALSO, poor stray animals have a very short life span and suffer while they are alive. I believe people do have the means to spay or neuter their pets. They are just to ---- ignorant and lazy.
    A dear friend

     
  • At 6:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Me again!
    Better go back and check just about all your previous blogs. I had a comment on most of them. Really excited about the coming event in November. Actually BOTH of us are excited about the festivities. Already shared them with "K." She is excited about the big event also.
    A dear, dear friend

     

Post a Comment

<< Home