pamelabrkly

Thursday, April 20, 2006

Whew

The final bill that I am staffing made it out of one policy committee today. The bill is double-referred, so we're not in the clear yet, but OMG, I can't believe that it survived today. The Senator presented the bill by announcing that we were completely amending the whole thing but didn't actually have the language yet. I immediately began freaking out because I didn't have anything prepared for her if we weren't presenting the bill as it was, but the other Senators accepted the bill in concept, which I was told may never happen again in may career as a staffer. I think maybe the Senators were distracted by the six foot colonoscope being passed around the dais (the bill is about colonoscopies).

So, that worked, and I'm relieved.

I'm just hanging in there with my campaign. Two weeks to go...with tons of interesting stories to tell (no, really) but no time to think about where I've been.

3 Comments:

  • At 4:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Okay, so that is definately the latest I've ever seen you post a blog, or rather the earliest. I bet you were thankful for coffee and soy ice cream last night! By the way, I think I'm going to go to Sacramento tonight to do some shopping, so perhaps I could swing by and say hi! Give me a ring and let me know!

     
  • At 4:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh yeah, you have to come over to my apartment before the quarter is over because...you have to see Kiki! She is absolutely the most adorable kitty in the world! You will really like her, she is friendly and loving. Sometimes she's a naughty little kitty but she's learning the rules. Let me know when you want to come over after your campaign.

     
  • At 6:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Congratulations and hang in there!
    A dear friend

     

Post a Comment

<< Home